Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
WAW Handplanes Workshop
Shape a mini timber surfboard for bodysurfing the team at WAW Handplanes, Australia's leading bodysurfing handplane company.
A handplane provides extra lift, speed, and control when bodysurfing, turning beginners into pros and pros into experts. This workshop is designed for all ages and abilities and will not only provide you with some new woodworking skills but you'll also get to take home your very on bodysurfing masterpiece.
- Be taught the design principles behind handplane shaping
- Design a handplane suited to your bodysurfing level
- Be guided through the use of the woodworking hand tools required to build a performance handplane
- Cut, shape, sand, stain and oil your custom designed handplane
- Attach your fully adjustable bio yulex rubber strap system
- Be provided with tea, coffee and snacks
- Shape a mini timber surfboard for bodysurfing
- Create an excellent product with an experienced teacher
- No all tools and materials will be supplied
Casual dress (it may get messy)
Anyone who is interested
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Refunds: MakerSpace requires a minimum of 5 days (or 120 hour) notice in writing to receive a 75% refund for change of mind. If you miss this window, we recommend you gift (or sell) your place to someone who will use it and love it. Class places are fully transferable. Email email@example.com
Cancellations: We rarely cancel classes, but occasional things come up beyond our control. Our classes are very small to ensure you have a great learning experience, but we need a minimum of 4 students to run most of our classes. If a class is cancelled, we will get in touch by phone or email, and discuss your options which include refund, credit or transfer to another date.
Kids in classes: MakerSpace classes are designed for adults. Kids aged 14-17 can book this class on the condition that an accompanying adult also participates - which means booking two places. If you have questions about kids in the workshop, please read this.
Terms and Conditions: All students must read and agree to our full Terms and Conditions, you can find them here.